Ed & Hope Winkler Nursing Education Scholarship
Established in February 2019 by Mr. and Mrs. Ed & Hope Winkler, the Ed & Hope Winkler Nursing Education Scholarship is a scholarship awarded annually to someone pursuing their RN degree or greater and who has signed an agreement to be employed by Bon Secours St. Francis Health System upon receiving the scholarship. The scholarship is open to anyone, regardless of their current employment status.
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to those pursuing a nursing degree, RN or higher, as well as to provide Bon Secours St. Francis with quality nursing professionals. The scholarship is awarded annually and applications are received each Spring by the St. Francis Foundation and reviewed by a committee.
- 2021 Jordan Davis, Jacqueline (Jackie) Jeter, Jacob McAlister, Victoria Prokhor, Emily Washam
- 2020 Sarah Rose Handal, Elizabeth Lyda, Douglas Tackett
- 2019 Amanda Dill
This scholarship is awarded annually by the Foundation to a student who is pursuing a career in healthcare. This award was created in 1988 by the estate of Bernadette L. Preslar, a long-time St. Francis volunteer. The applicant must be a St. Francis employee or volunteer or the dependent of. Community involvement and strong scholastic achievement are also criteria for the scholarship.
- 2021 Yasmine Awan, Kathryn (Katy Meade) Groke, Cari Ann Nazario
- 2020 Olivia Felder, Anna Phillips, Shelby Walcott
- 2019 Justin Leonhardt, Penelope Sawdaye, William Farkas